1.06.2008

sounds and noises.

While I simply cannot believe that winter break ends tomorrow, it did feel unbelievably lengthy. No complaints here, though I wouldn't have minded another week with all of my friends here.

Tonight I had a realization. Sitting at a bar with my best friend Sam and I couldn't believe all of the bullshit going on around me. Thinking of the last three weeks, of the running, of the pounding hearts, of the laughter and board games, I realized that there is nothing more to life than that. I have always been partial to existentialism, but I love how concrete my belief becomes when I actually find distilled happiness in my life. Here I am, one woman, standing strong and looking out over all of the possibilites I have yet to handle, and I know - I know - that as long as I can find happiness like this, everything else will just jog along to catch up with me.

Back to L.A. tomorrow. Each time I return, I wonder how it will look different to me. I will let you know.

No comments: