1.20.2008

first class.

I saw the new Woody Allen last night. Cassandra's Dream was kind of like Match Point, only with even more in-your-face irony. The literary allusions and the "life is a tragedy" theme were also a bit heavy-handed. Colin Farrell amazed me though. Who knew that he could seriously convince me to like him as a character? Still, I miss the simple days of Annie Hall and Love and Death. No other movie couple makes me smile more than Woody Allen and Diane Keaton.

I went shopping for the first time in months today with Leslie. It felt liberating and carefree and fun. And so we're going again tomorrow. I've had high high's and low low's this week, so I've convinced myself that I deserve it.

And finally, the Associated Press put together a list of nine bookstores "worth a visit" in America. I've only visited one of them, so I look forward to visiting each of these cities just to buy books:
1. Books & Books in Coral Gables, Florida
2. City Lights in San Francisco
3. Eliot Bay Book Co. in Seattle
4. Politics and Prose in Washington D.C.
5. Powell's in Portland
6. Prairie Lights in Iowa City
7. Tattered Cover in Denver
8. The Strand in New York
9. That Bookstore in Blytheville, Arkansas

I would also suggest they add A Clean Well-Lighted Place for Books, except it went out of business a while back. So sad.

No comments: