1.30.2008

modern literature.

List of Terrible Things That Have Happened to Me Today:

  • I woke up late and had to move a bunch of cars and trash cans in order to get to work on time.
  • Said good-bye to Brian for the last time in a long while.
  • John Edwards decided today of alllllll days to drop out of the presidential race. Right after I spent 2 hours last night writing an endorsement of him for tomorrow's Super Tuesday issue. Fuck that guy.
  • For some reason (my guess is a bomb threat), the 405 was backed up for 20 minutes at the Sunset exit. Sunset was closed off for as far as I could see. Police were surrounding all of the ramps connecting Sunset to Westwood, so I got lost and almost had a mental breakdown.
  • They were cutting down a tree on Gayley for no apparent reason and took up the whole street so that Veteran was totally blocked and it took me forever to get back to my apartment even though I was about 30 seconds away on a normal day.
  • My 3-hour seminar was today. I fucking hate that class. I was totally wrong in thinking Old English would be cool.
  • I am currently working on an 8-page paper that I thought was a 6-page paper up until an hour ago.
  • I ate a Sourdough Jack.
  • Time keeps moving.
  • I am listening to a terrible Britney Spears song.
I really think that the world is against me. I mean, I guess I really haven't been a good person lately. Ugh. Whatever. I just want this week to be over.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

your traffic was probably due to the president being there. he was in hillsborough later today when i drove thru and there were cops everywhere, but no traffic. sorry care, better luck tomorrow :)

nika

siege said...

oh my god, you are a genius. how do you know more more about my life than i do? haha, thanks, sneekers.