5.26.2008

is like this.

I am at home. Content here, as always. I have tons of work to do, so that sucks. But worse things have happened to people. My parents keep cooking me vegan food, and even though they seem a bit disapproving, they're being very supportive. My cat is being ridiculously cute, except she was sitting in the laundry basket wheezing earlier.

In other news, my brother just brought his new girlfriend home and they're sleeping in the same room. What a fucked up double standard from my parents. Fucking fuck that. Whatever.

I am also realizing that I love little kids. I used to hate them.

The other day I was in line at Border's on Westwood Blvd. and in front of me this little kid was speaking in French to his mom. Then this little girl got in line behind me. She was about his age, very cute, with long brown curly hair. She tugged on her dad's arm and said "Daddy, I'm going to go jogging." The boy peered around me to see her. He just stared and smiled and shifted his weight from his left to his right foot and back again. Then the girl took off and ran around the bookcases, disappearing. So the little French boy turns to his mom and grabs her hand. "Mommy, is... is... jogging-?" Then he stops. "What, sweetie?" He just shakes his head and looks at his feet. He blushes a little and looks in the girl's dad's direction. "Is jogging faster than galloping?"

No comments: