5.13.2008

come and go.

I've been doing a lot of thinking this weekend, and I've decided to be proud of myself.

  • I got an advisor for my thesis.
  • I had my last day of my internship today, which means I'll be wandering around museums and holing myself in the special collections section of the research library every Monday and Wednesday until the quarter ends. My boss teared up as I left and it made me incredibly sad.
  • I will be getting paid to take names at an industry event in June.
  • Book Expo is coming up. Yay! Free conference, free books, I'm totally going to meet: John Hodgman(!!!) and Thomas Friedman from the New York Times
  • I'm going home soon to visit Sammy and see my friends
  • My internship is coming up (so so so excited)
  • I'm thinking seriously about taking that year off, getting a work visa, and moving to Europe, then going to Columbia's publishing program the summer of 2010 (yeah, right... like I could get in/afford that). I just know I kind of am sick of my own country right now.
  • One more day until I find out about my scholarship *crosses fingers*
  • Every day, I think about how much time I have left to accomplish new things
  • Yes, there are shortcomings, but I will cut them off soon

2 comments:

Buffy said...

Live in another country for any real length of time and you'll find reasons enough to be sick of it too - the very least of which is VAT and this whole mess with the bins. You see, it's the damned human race that's the problem. But getting away will give you a unique perspective and is, I maintain, essential if you're going to have a proper broad view of anything. Still. There are idiots aplenty everywhere. Even in the old countries.

Unknown said...

Haha, sad but too too true. I think I'd like to meet some of these foreign idiots though. At least they have accents.