4.13.2008

denoument.

Cross out Das Kapital. I can't get through the painfully obvious symbolism. It hurts me too much when authors use clumsy allusions. This book takes the allusions to Marxism to the next level and uses them in the exact same way Marx did. Also, the fact that the character calls Bloomberg Gloomberg is pathetic. Try a little harder next time, please. Nice try, Simon & Schuster. There had to be something more worthy to publish than this unintelligent novel. It's Marxism for dummies. It's a love story that is neither believable nor interesting. It's something I will never finish.

So there you go. The only reason I recommend picking this book up is for its cover. It's beautiful and creative but also simple. It creates a false sense of hope for what lives inside.

I give up.

No comments: