4.14.2008

the accidental interview.

Because I decided to turn down the internship HarperCollins offered me (yeah, I'm a total douchebag), I just experienced my first real internship phone interview. I will not name names. But it got me super excited for all the possibilities. I try to treat interviews like a pleasant conversation, and so that's what I just had.

Now I have another interview Thursday. It's super high profile and for a paid position, so I'm a bit nervous. There's going to be conference calling action for that one.

I think as long as you remain calm, your only goal for a telephone interview is just to sound professional and relaxed and completely sure of what you're saying. It kind of sucks not to have face-to-face interaction, but distance is a huge problem in my situation.

Anyway, I'm sharing this information for others who are going to be looking for important internships this summer. Hopefully they find it helpful.

No comments: