3.25.2008

drip drop the crystal water.

I've been home since Thursday, but suddenly all the home-ness of home just evaporated. Joe was here, staying in my brother's room, and my parents absolutely adore him. Though they haven't stated it explicitly, here is my compilation of their weird reasons/expectations for my boyfriends:

  • He eats well.
  • His mother is from Mississippi.
  • He made his bed in the morning (My mom's words: "His momma raised him right").
  • He talked about fishing with my dad.
  • He put up with my bad TV watching (one of my mom's requirements)
  • He likes literature (one of my dad's)
  • He's tall and can reach things on high-up shelves (mom's)
  • He has a Prius (dad's)
  • I think mostly because they can see that we're happy. Not in a kind of rushed and infinitely energetic high school way, but in a much stabler sense. And I think that's healthy. That's one of my requirements these days.

As for showing him around town, I basically shared with him my reasons for loving where I live. We got boba every single day we were in town, we went to North Beach, Palo Alto, Telegraph/Coit, Half Moon Bay, Haight area (for coffee and shopping), Golden Gate Park, and we spent a lot of time at home relaxing/reading/watching TV and movies/eating/seeing Sammy/and so on.

But now he's gone and my parents took off on a trip with their friends, and I feel deflated. That's okay though, I guess. It just means that the rest of my break will be a different kind of fun.

No comments: