3.03.2008

diamonds and glass everywhere, falling.

I guess it's all my fault. It's not like I don't have the power to make these decisions. My body is so tired. I can't remember the last time I felt well-rested. I could easily reverse this. I could just say the truth - that I'm tired, that I need to go home and go to sleep. But every time I'm with him, I don't want to sleep. I force myself to stay up, to spend more time with him, to share one more thing.

I've watched three David Gordon Green movies in the last five days. Last night, we went to a screening of his new movie, Snow Angels. It was beautiful. I think the way that he portrays relationships is starting to distort my own conception of them. He always captures these deceptively simple, epiphany moments and turns them into poetry. When I watch them, I just think, I want that. But, for the most part, I don't think people talk that way. Except the other day, Joe said something to me that gave me the chills. Unfortunately, I was so tired that I fell asleep after he said it and now I can't remember what it was. So, yes, things have come full circle.

I'm kind of obsessed with Olivia Thirlby right now, too. She's fucking amazing.


No comments: