4.24.2009

locked away.

I am getting my tattoo tonight. I am so excited!!!

Also, I just found this in an old drawer as I was looking for my father's southern biscuit recipe. It is strange how I don't miss him anymore. I will never miss him again. I also realized while reading this that love will never feel the same twice. That is not to say it is better or worse, but every time you fall in love, it is different. This is something I have learned in the last two years, and something I continue to learn, and something more important than all of the words he ever said and felt deeply and meant, but that no longer mean anything at all:

"all i could really hear was the last phrase of whatever Jeff Buckley was saying because of the overtones of the reverb and maybe a high echoey guitar note here and there and how every song that you played was just a sorry bassline for the symphony of your breathing, while we were falling asleep even when I knew I'd have to get up and leave at four thirty, or five, or some other ungodly hour and how when we were falling asleep, every chord, every note sung made me feel like I knew you better and like I wanted you to be a part of my life forever and still do."

No comments: