4.26.2009

another straightforward entry.

This weekend has been incredibly entertaining. I did, indeed, get my tattoo done. That is obviously it in the picture below. I went at about 1:30 in the morning and stayed until 3:00. It was so much fun, and it didn't really hurt very much. I guess I have a pretty high threshold for pain though.

Last night, I went to a kind of dinner party at one of Amber's friend's houses. He made us some delicious shrimp scampi and we drank wine and pretended to be civilized. Except not because he just moved into his apartment and didn't have a table, so we ate out of our laps. Not that I mind. With food that good, you don't even need a table.

Then we met up with Tristan at a bar in Santa Monica that had one of the best happy hours I've ever been to. I had a drink called Sois Sage (which means "Be well-behaved!" in French, cute). Then we continued onto a lounge down the street that was brand new. It was a cool scene, but we were definitely some of the younger people in there. That always spells out creepy guys hitting on you.

We took a cab back to Westwood at two. The cab driver was blasting electronica and dancing. Probably one of the most entertaining cab rides I've ever been involved with.

We got back to Amber's and there were five frat guys from UCSD hanging out in her living room. They were pretty lame, so we ordered a pizza and hung out in her room all night. Then I fell asleep on the floor at around 4 and woke up at 8 with a dog jumping on my face. We went out to breakfast at Literati this morning and now I'm doing everything in my power not to do any work. I've got to stop doing that though, so I will do that... now.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Cool.

8-)