11.19.2008

among pages of books, among thoughts, among intellectual garbage.

And in the blankets and
so deep down in the smoke
and
traveled far for ten days
you.
There are quiet spaces
they whisper and
they scream
and you wake up
in darkness.
Lights out and eyes closed
for you
Lost and feeling
and emptying to the physical
Thoughts and floating
clouds and red sunsets
dry heat sticks to your
fingers where I told
you let me go
screams and then
QUIET!
laugh and smile and hold onto
it all
mistakes and it all goes.
Today, well, today
I thought that you
it's not anyone
at all.
That if I made those
choices so far beyond
so deep the red it bleeds into the
clouds and heats the sky
and dries hands
and lips.
That if I made those
decisions
it is far too late for me.
I have already decided my fate
is to be this
to never be defined
by dry hands cracked lips
one day
well, one day
I may repent.

No comments: