2.03.2008

high heels high school dreams.

I feel as though I just wasted my life reading this. And now I offer it to you to do the same.

Lipstick Jungle vs. Cashmere Mafia.


I'm still left with the question: Why do they have the exact same adjective-noun constructed titles? Don't executives talk to one another before they get the go-ahead on vapid, gender-stereotyping names for vapid, gender-stereotyping television shows? Don't they hear rumors?

I constantly see billboards for these shows driving on Sunset or in the Valley and they make me want to shoot myself. I wouldn't watch the shows based on their imitation Sex and the City vibes alone (yes, I know Lipstick Rainforest or whatever the fuck is written by Candace Bushnell, shouldn't she move on already?). Oh, and the fact that I can't tell them apart. And because I'm sick of being pandered to, watching marketing schemes as they are pawned off as entertainment. I'm disgusted by the entertainment industry right now. From the Writer's Guild strike to the sudden proliferation of beauty pageant reality shows, it's just in a disgusting mess. So, for now, I'll stick with HBO. It's not really television anyway, or so I've seen in their ads.

***Edit: Also, ever since I wrote this post, I keep getting Lipstick Jungle banner ads on my windows. The Internet is a tricky, tricky, creepy thing that reads my mind and feeds me what I hate the most. Fuck that.

No comments: