10.07.2007

interns wanted.

I am so exhausted that any creativity left in me has been drained by the sheer amount of pages that I am forced to read in the next two days. Two days until my birthday.

I have compiled a list of all of the foods I'd like to try. While most of them necessitate being in the Bay Area in order to have their flavors well represented, I have decided to challenge other people to check these things off of their lists too.

Salvadoran: corn cakes, pupusas con loroco, pastel (a meat-stuffed corn dumpling)
Burmese: fish chowder noodle soup, tea salad.
Turkish: lahmacun (Turkish meat pizza), doner, kebabs
Vietnamese: vermicelli noodle and vegetable salad, Vietnamese sandwiches and spring rolls, pho
Malaysian: curried Singapore noodles with shredded chicken, martabak (pastry-like bread wrapped around spiced beef, egg, and green onion)
Russian: vareniki (stuffed dumplings), piroshki, blinchiki
Eritrean: lentil soup, injera (flatbread)
Korean: kim chee jee gae, oyster pancakes, cold noodle soup,

So that's basically all I have to say.

No comments: