10.24.2007

greenview.


There is smoke hanging all over Los Angeles today. From the tips of tree branches to the red brick buildings, there's a white haze over everything. When I was walking back from class today across the plaza between Royce Hall and Powell Library, I looked up into the sun. Despite all of the Bill Nye the Science Guy warnings, I looked right into it. It burned such a violent red that it resembled an apple or a raspberry suspended from the sky - shrouded in white smoke. I took a photo of it, but it was so red that my dinky little camera phone couldn't even hope to capture it. So it didn't. Notice there is sunlight filtering down onto the buildings, but no sun in sight. The sun was sitting on top of that building's rooftop when I took this shot. It is 90 degrees outside (100 in my apartment) and the sun is red and Southern California is burning.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Good nika, piĆ¹ o meno hai capito cosa volevo dire l'altra volta!!
Care, dal poco che capisco, sei una ragazza molto romantica giusto? Mi sono sempre piaciute le ragazze romantiche (I am always liked the romantic girls). Se non era per la grande distanza che ci separa (io sono di SALERNO, Italy) e per la diversa lingua, avrei voluto incontrarti.
P.S. A suggestion: you put a photo without glasses, behind of them you must have two really beautiful eyes. (scusa per gli errori di grammatica)