5.27.2007

believe and pray.

I spent the day driving around with friends from back home, picnicking (is that a word?), and riding my bike around Burlingame. It reminded me of Now and Then and it reminded me of how badly I wish I was twelve instead of nineteen. I'm probably way too old to be riding my bike with a little gang of 5 people around me. And yet it didn't bother me at all. Since when did I start believing I had to act my age? And since when did I start believing there was some ultimate arbiter who could tell me the cut-off date and time for swinging on swings (which I did today) and riding up and down the block in circles (which I also did).

Being home makes me feel very content. I know it's Saturday night, but I love that I am sitting at home doing nothing. Travis and Marie just left. We were watching Animal Planet and Curb and sitting in my room doing lots of nothing. I am not sad that I didn't get drunk. I am not sad that I didn't get dressed up. I am not even sad that I didn't meet someone new. My home here is a little self-contained world, where nostalgia finally collides with experience. It would be hard to ask for anything more than a repetition of the warmest moments of my life.

No comments: