9.04.2008

settle for nothing.

Sitting at the library, staring at three books about space and representation in modern and postmodern literature. Can't bear to open the pages of articles such as:

"The Contents and Discontents of Kipling's Imperialism." "Rimbaud and Spatial History." "The Socio-spatial Dialectic." "Spatializations: A Critique of the Giddensian Version." "Politics and Space/Time." "Quantum Philosophy, Impossible Geographies and a Few Small Points About Life, Liberty and the Pursuit of Sex (All in the Name of Democracy)."

I just want to walk outside, grab my bike from the bike rack, and ride to get some passion fruit tea and say fuck it. Maybe run into a few people along the way.

I've been running 4 miles a day. It feels good but direction-less. What I am running from only I will ever really understand.

Watching the Republican Convention last night, I rolled my eyes a record number of times in two hours' time.

No comments: