6.27.2008

backyard barbecues.

Another Friday, thank God. This weekend will be all about taking time to myself. Thinking.

And, oh yeah, I need to work on my thesis.

All of the sudden I miss everyone. Last summer and freedom and swimming pools. I definitely need to plan a vacation. Mostly, though, I just want to see all of my friends together again. I've been kind of empty lately, realizing that a lot of me is in Los Angeles. More of me is here, but a lot is 370 miles away. So I'm never quite satisfied. Realizing that may just be a part of life.

Also, thinking quite quite quite seriously about getting my PhD. Obviously, I will take time off after undergrad anyway, but I think that would really be good for me.

Basically, I'm doubting myself bi-daily in this internship, not so sure the big publishing company vibe is right for me. Wishing the smaller house I applied to was in San Francisco because I would have gone to work for them in an instant. I think I need that constant collaboration, lack of bureacracy, intense creativity. Just feeling a bit empty with the work I'm doing. Blah.

No comments: