6.18.2007

would you know?


this girl is my new fashion icon. :)

In other news, my first day of work is tomorrow. Also, I am about halfway through with this novel I'm reading called Another Country. It explores race relations of the 1960's in New York City and how race, sex, and sexual orientation work upon each other to effectively skew the purity of love. I'm not sure if I buy the philosophy, but it's interesting. As a young and impressionable white woman, it's hard to buy anything I haven't seen in a movie, though. At least I admit it.

Last night, I drove Colin, Greg, Ryan, Evan, and Sal (Adam?) to Jack in the Box and we ate at the Japanese Tea Garden in San Mateo. It was dark and warm and dry. There were spiders crawling up walls. I could see their legs in the lamplight. I looked up into the sky and I could see stars, bright white and twinkling like the fireflies we used to catch in jars on summer nights in Atlanta. Except these stars were not confined to glass. They were only confined to the infinite expansion of the Universe. There I was. One tiny person. Surrounded by an eyeful of delicious light. Then, of course, Greg accidentally hit me with a tree branch, Colin jumped off of the roof and fell with a thud, and Ryan offered me a bite of his 50-cent taco. So I awoke and joined them in the darkness.

No comments: