4.21.2007

lots and lotsa.

I have purchased my plane ticket to London on British Airways. This means I'll be spending the 4 weeks in England for the program, and then 3 weeks after that in Dublin, Paris, Madrid, Barcelona, and Nice.

I am so poor.

Also, it just seems wrong that I never wrote anything about the Virginia Tech shootings, especially since I was really emotionally affected by them. I just want to say that the whole situation - from the preventativeness of it to the logistics of the situation to the interactive graphics on the New York Times - is frustrating. America learned nothing from Columbine. In order to learn that we had learned nothing, we had to witness the exact same situation, this time with higher tolls. It makes me sick to my stomach. The news will cover it a few more days, return to it again in a few weeks for a story or two, and then forget about it for another year. Nothing more will happen. Nothing will change.

No comments: