4.13.2007

bad news/good news.

So, in some amazing news, I think I have my next year figured out, which could lead to having my life figured out, which could lead to a successful avoidance of grad school!

I have already applied and been told I have a really great chance of getting to be an English tutor next year. Also, I contacted someone from the English department who is currently working at a boutique publishing firm in Los Angeles. She is quitting her internship next year and is looking for someone to take her place. So we have a meeting set up for next week to discuss. So, you see, if both of these things were to work out, my life could be mapped out with the following Emily Dickinson-esque random capitalizations:

This Summer: Home, Last Boring Summer Job Ever/Temping, Study Abroad, Work in L.A.

Next School Year: Tutoring for some Sweet Cash, Publishing Internship, Daily Bruin Columnist, A Person Who Owns a Car

Next Summer: Internship in L.A. or New York in publishing or P.R. or Magazine Editing

Following School Year: Continuing Involvement in Daily Bruin Affairs, Internship, Not taking any more Fill-In-The-Bubbles Tests.

Summer: Columbia Journalism School's Publishing Course (the editor of Jane magazine teaches part of it!)

A job of some sort and proportion. Freedom. New York.

So maybe I do have a life plan after all. Ugh. It kind of makes me hate myself. When am I going to fit in the quintessential Post-College Euro-Trip?

No comments: