4.25.2007

always whining.

Lately, I have been so sleep-deprived that my ears have started ringing. Okay, maybe that's not sleep deprivation, but rather my screwed up body doing screwed up things to punish me for being a bad person.

Also, I wrote a review for the paper on Monday! It was super dorky, so I'm a little reserved about posting a link to it. I just thought it was a pretty cool to have my work published.

In other news, I can feel another school year winding down. Things are so hectic lately that I can't even imagine the flurry of activities settling down and flopping onto my living room couch to read James Joyce (which is my goal this summer). Last year at this time, I was on the edge of my seat just waiting, waiting, waiting for the quarter to end. But now, I am scared of entering the second half of my college career and leaving everything I depend on behind. I know I have a lot to look forward to (a publishing internship [which I got by the way], tutoring, literary mag editing, my own column, a car, a kitchen). It's just that all of it makes me feel way too grown up. I want to be eight when Disneyland was still exciting and they still made new episodes of Boy Meets World.

And I have feelings about something I know I'm not supposed to feel. And the word might be getting out because I've never been good at hiding things. Even really huge things that could ruin everything -- for the better.

No comments: