7.17.2007

i'll be so good to you.

I was sitting on the couch in my living room today reading my third Shakespeare play in three days when all the sudden I realized that in just 9 days, I would be navigating the Tube in London and making my way to Shakespeare's birthplace with Nina.

And I sat on the couch, my feet propped up, my legs tired from work and my mind tired from Elizabethan English. I could feel the grass under my feet and the rain falling from the sky and the earth rushing past as I sit on a European train speeding from Barcelona to Avignon. I cannot believe how lucky I will be. While I do have moments of mental clarity in my daily life, they will be nothing compared to the next two months.

I'm thinking, however, that my mind will only reinforce the things that I have already discovered in the last 4 weeks. Then again, these things have been obvious to me for six years. I'm just coming around again. Like a merry-go-round. Like always.

No comments: