2.25.2007

you don't.

The sun waited until 6:00 to disappear completely this afternoon. We shook hands and I said "Thank you" and waved goodbye.

I am finding it hard to say what has been on my mind recently. It has been a lot of nothing-ness, things I will forget thinking about in a couple of weeks. I am worried that I am focusing too much on the frivolous, not enough on the important. It's hard when I am always so focused on the future.

I want to forget all about work, about the four papers to go until the end of the quarter, about the 600 pages to go, about the money I owe, about the plans I need to make before I go to England this summer. Instead, I want to get away and go camping. Or I want to drive somewere with a long name and a small population and I want to sleep in a motel and I want to wake up with the sky clearing.

And I hate how cliche and sentimental this all sounds. But it's what I want. I want to have several flings and then fling myself into the rest of the year. Everything else is just me biding my time.

No comments: