2.24.2007

i hate la.

This is an image of a seventeen year-old girl, Cory Kennedy, eating a popsicle.

I would also like to point out that it looks like an American Apparel ad, suggestive of innocent and naive sexuality: a paradox, perhaps in another place and time. This girl, Cory Kennedy, is apparently famous, although I have never heard of her before reading this L.A. Times article that my friend John sent me. Why would The Times waste this much ink on this girl? She is profiting off of the Lolita complex, and it disgusts me. Everyone in Los Angeles is obsessed with robbing children, especially girls, of their innocence and then turning around and commercializing it. This girl has no idea what she represents to Los Angeles: another corruptable young thing whose "fame" will die out once Mary Kate and Ashley finally give up on heroin chic and shift to more mature fashion focuses. And once she loses her fame, she will realize she has lost her childhood as well. Poor young thing. Living life like there are a thousand tomorrows.

2 comments:

kia mak said...

i like how passionate you beee. but i'd change "poor" in the last sentence to "darling" if it is in advance reference to the last sentence. otherwise, i agree.

siege said...

any reason for that? I think it changes the whole tone of the ending, but then I really don't put that much thought into my posts anyway.

thanks for your feedback though, it's appreciated!