3.20.2009

wide awake on friday morning.

After a stressful week, I am now sipping English breakfast tea and eating veggie wraps at 1 in the afternoon. Then my momma is taking me shopping (i.e. I don't have to pay a dime and I get new shoes for summer in Dublin).

My thesis is in. My adviser gave me an A and lots of positive comments. I'm so excited to present it now. I plan on changing the humanities one paper at a time (ha! if only...).

I had an amazing dream last night that involved me hip hop dancing in front of over 100 people, one of my favorite UCLA professors, music, England, and being the class clown.

So far, spring break has been exactly what I needed. I've finished A Portrait of the Artist, rented a Chinese film, hung out in the city, gotten boba, eaten great food, seen friends, and so on. I can't wait to see what else happens. If I don't get to Napa, I may slap some bitches.

I have been so happy lately. I looked at my journal from the last two months, and I realized that at the end of each entry, I write about how satisfied I feel at the end of each day. This is how my life is meant to be lived, I think.

Okay, I plan on making my next update more earth-shattering.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Feeling satisfied with life? EVERY DAY? That can't be right. I think you're doing it wrong. Don't waste your prime years for feeling awkward, unsure, misplaced, depressed and uncomfortable... on feeling good. That's lame. Plus, you'll have nothing to write about when you get older. Now go start some drama and spend a week making poor decisions that you'll regret for the rest of your life!

siege said...

But but but... what if I just want to learn things and pretend like I'm better than everyone else? I think that counts for something. But maybe when we jewseum, we can also accidentally break bones/get wasted/tear up public property/etc.

Unknown said...

Pretend like you're better than everyone else? Why all you have to do in order to do that is be rich, white and southern! Oh, and talk in a Southern accent, which is also totally hot... so that might actually make you better than everyone else.

And I agree. We should totally go and almost get arrested, so then we can tell everyone about that time we met a stranger from the interwebs and almost got arrested. I say almost because instead we get away just in time, only right as we are laughing about it and talking about that time 5 seconds ago when we almost got arrested, both of us fall down a flight of stairs and end up in the hospital. In fact, I'm going to start telling that story anyway.